Aruba IAP-305 (RW) Instant Access Point 2X/3X 11AC AP
The entry-level Aruba 300 Series Wave 2 access points deliver high performance and superb user experience for medium density environments. These Wave 2 access points deliver multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) aware ClientMatch to boost network efficiency and support the growing device density demands on your network.
The entry-level Aruba 300 Series Wave 2 access points deliver high performance and superb user experience for medium density environments.
These Wave 2 access points deliver multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) aware ClientMatch to boost network efficiency and support the growing device density demands on your network.
The 300 Series also has an integrated Bluetooth Aruba Beacon that simplifies the remote management of a network of large-scale battery-powered Aruba beacons while also providing advanced location and indoor way finding, and proximity-based push notification capabilities.
- Dual Radio 802.11ac access point with Multi-User MIMO
- Supports up to 1,300 Mbps in the 5 GHz band (with 3SS/VHT80 clients) and up to 400 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band (with 2SS/VHT40 clients)
- Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio
- Enables location-based services with BLE-enabled mobile devices receiving signals from multiple Aruba Beacons at the same time
- Enables management of your deployment of battery-powered Aruba Beacons
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- Minimizes interference from 3G/4G cellular networks, distributed antenna systems and commercial small cell/femtocell equipment. Quality of service for unified communication apps
- Quality of service for app visibility and control
- Supports priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Skype for Business with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing
- RF Management
- Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness, and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs
- The Aruba 300 Series APs can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available
- Intelligent app visibility and control
- AppRF technology leverages deep packet inspection to classify and block, prioritize or limit bandwidth for over 2,500 enterprise apps or groups of apps
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances
- IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URLs and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys
- Intelligent Power Monitoring (IPM)
- Enables the AP to continuously monitor and report its actual power consumption and optionally make autonomous decisions to disable certain capabilities
- For the 300 Series APs, the IPM power-save feature applies when the unit is powered by an 802.3af PoE source. By default, the USB interface will be the first feature to turn off if AP power consumption exceeds the available power budget. In rare cases it may be necessary to take additional power saving measures, but in most cases, the 300 Series APs will operate in unrestricted mode
CHOOSE YOUR OPERATING MODE
The Aruba 300 Series APs offer a choice of operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements.
Controller-managed mode – When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, Aruba 300 Series APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding
Aruba Instant mode – In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes. If WLAN requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 300 Series Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is managed by a Mobility Controller
Remote AP (RAP) for branch deployments
Air monitor (AM) for wireless IDS, rogue detection and containment
Spectrum analyzer, dedicated or hybrid, for identifying sources of RF interference
Secure enterprise mesh
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, the Instant APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up.
- AP-304 (controller-managed) and IAP-304 (Instant):
- 802.11ac – 5GHz 3x3 MIMO (1,300 Mbps max rate) and 2.4GHz 2x2 MIMO (400 Mbps max rate) radios, with a total of three dual-band RP-SMA connectors for external antennas
- AP-305 (controller-managed) and IAP-305 (Instant):
- 802.11ac – 5GHz 3x3 MIMO (1,300 Mbps max rate) and 2.4GHz 2x2 MIMO (400 Mbps max rate) radios, with a total of three integrated omni-directional downtilt dualband antennas